Thursday, January 05, 2006

MONTHLY STATEMENTS

Being a compilation of the first lines from the first post of each month of the past year. [Moom stolen shamelessly from here.]

January: What a way to begin a New Year.

February: 99.9% of the acting, singing, and dancing talent in Family d’Elisson resides in the collective bodies of Elder Daughter and the Mistress of Sarcasm.

March: In October 2001, She Who Must Be Obeyed and I, along with the Mistress of Sarcasm, took a mini-vacation up in the Boone - Blowing Rock section of North Carolina.

April: Jeezum Crow, there are so many Carnivals these days, I feel like the barker at the side-show.

May: I inadvertently stumbled upon the Magic Summoning Ritual that causes Matata to appear instantly...and it doesn’t even require a can opener.

June: Yep, the Bonfire is now in its hundredth crap-spewing incarnation.

July: The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain

August: Pete Vonder Haar (A Perfectly Cromulent Blog) has shit on my dinner table tagged me with a meme, and since those who live by the meme die by the meme, I am honor bound to play along.

September: There are plenty of people who see God’s hand in the devastation that has struck the U.S. Gulf Coast.

October: Kimberly, who understands that life without Music and Cats would be Boring and Pointless, hosts the eightieth edition of the Carnival of the Cats.

November: The Smegmaster at smegmaster.com (sounds nasty if you parse it just so) hosts the 122nd Bonfire of the Vanities, complete with snazzy non-flaming Official-Looking Seal.

December: At breakfast today, my Morning Minyan compadre Barry R. told me a story of a colleague of his that is, in his words, “dumber than soap.”

It occurs to me that there are way too many Blog-Carnival and cat posts represented here, given the Random Sampling. It also occurs to me that you could have some fun with this meme moom. F’r instance, you could post the last sentence from the last post of each month. Or you could, you know, just ignore this stupid crap.

No comments: