Saturday, July 30, 2005

THE MISTRESS, A LADY OF TASTE

Every so often, I find evidence that my Years of Parenting have not been a colossal waste of time, and that I, along with She Who Must Be Obeyed, have indeed loosed a pair of Fine Offspring upon an unsuspecting world.

The Mistress of Sarcasm, along with main squeeze Mickey, drove in from Savannah today. Hot on our heels, so to speak, with SWMBO and I having made the same trip only scant hours earlier. SWMBO drove the Big Red Box, and I the Humongous U-Haul Truck, crammed to the rafters with Mistressoid Crappage. Somehow I managed to beat the Missus to Atlanta...must’ve been all of them Feminine Pee-Breaks.

As dusk fell, I grilled a massive pile of Meat-Steaks and set them before us and our friends - the Usual Gang o’ Buddies - and we all had a fine evening, with Mickey holding his own amongst our Extremely Refined (hah!) Crowd.

But why do I credit the Mistress so highly? Well, among other things, she is nice to her Daddy. The other day, she presented Mickey and me with a couple of fine cigars - a Romeo y Julieta torpedo, and a cute little Avo. Now, how many of you guys out there have daughters who will treat you to a Fine Cigar? And if you do, have you thanked your Deity of Choice for your great good fortune?

No comments: