Wednesday, July 13, 2005

GOIN’ TO CALIFORNIA

She Who Must Be Obeyed and I will board the Great Silver Aerial Bus tomorrow evening to head out to the Left Coast. Our destination: Los Angeles, where we will be attending the wedding (and related festivities) of the son of Atlanta-based friends. We’ll stay in Santa Monica, hard by the Pacific Ocean at the bitter end of Interstate 10.

I’m sure the event will be Major League. The wedding proper will be held on the beach in Malibu, and I will be packing the old Monkey-Suit for the occasion.

SWMBO, meanwhile, has done the necessary Advance Work to ensure that she will look Appropriately Gorgeous. If I were a complete fucking idiot had rocks in my head were a thoughtless sort of bloke, I could complain about the Vast Sums o’ Scratch the Missus has spent on shoes, dressy attire, etc. , etc. , but one look at her in those snazzy new Dressy Evening Duds washes away any of those black thoughts.

She is one beautiful lady, Esteemed Readers.

As you may know from reading some of my previous posts, SWMBO is not a fan of the Great Silver Aerial Bus. However, despite the long flight time, we will be traveling with friends, and there will be Adult Beverages available on board to help keep the Flight Willies at bay. Now all we have to hope for is a window of opportunity that will get us out of here before the Daily Afternoon Rain Deluges start to close in.

We will have some free time during our trip, and it’s been long enough since my last sojourn in SoCal that I will need to reacquaint myself with the Lay o’ th’ Land. Any of you in Southern California have any comments or helpful suggestions?

No comments: