Thursday, April 27, 2006

FRIDAY THURSDAY RANDOM TEN

Most people say Thank Gawd It’s Friday...but not me.

I say, So Happy It’s Thursday! Especially this week, when I am taking one of my precious vacation days on Friday to facilitate my attendance at a certain Tea Party and Ice-Cream Social...

...and besides, it makes a better acronym.

Being that on Friday I will be either (1) enroute to an airport, or (2) at an airport, or (3) in an airplane, or (4) in a rental car, or (5) partaking of Strong Drink, this is as good a time as any to post this week’s Random Ten. So, what does the iPod d’Elisson have for us this week, Johnny?
  1. Give It Up (Or Let Me Go) - Bonnie Raitt
  2. Annie Waits - Ben Folds
  3. La Rédecouverte - Yann Tiersen
  4. Into The Mystic - Van Morrison

    We were born before the wind
    Also younger than the sun
    Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
    Hark, now hear the sailors cry
    Smell the sea and feel the sky
    Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

    And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
    And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
    I don’t have to fear it

    And I want to rock your gypsy soul
    Just like way back in the days of old
    And magnificently we will flow into the mystic

    When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
    And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
    I don't have to fear it

    And I want to rock your gypsy soul
    Just like way back in the days of old
    And together we will flow into the mystic
    Come on girl...

    Too late to stop now...

  5. 5 Years - Björk
  6. Norbu Plays - Philip Glass
  7. Opening Title, North By Northwest - Bernard Herrmann
  8. The Worst Day Since Yesterday - Flogging Molly
  9. Stairway To Heaven - Tiny Tim
  10. Alech Taadi - Khaled
I’ve thrown in the lyrics to Van Morrison’s classic “Into The Mystic” - from the equally classic Moondance album. The song is a rare combination of romance, soul, and wistfulness; I cannot describe the feelings it evokes except to say that it is a Fine Song to listen to in the company of a Fine Woman.

It’s Friday Thursday. What are you listening to?

No comments: