Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Not only the name of a 1980-vintage science fiction movie involving time travel - a movie that could have been much better than it actually was - but What’s Happening Right Here.

I try not to be too obsessive about hit count, but I could not help but notice that, sometime later this week, my Sitemeter should log the 100,000th visit to Blog d’Elisson.

To some of my Esteemed Readers, that may seem like a whole lotta hits, as it did to me when I got started on this Bloggy Adventure in July 2004. To others, it’s less consequential than a flea on a fly on a nit on a gnat on a hair on a wart on a frog on a bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea. (Whew!) But it’s as good a milestone as any, I suppose.

I’m sure I’ll be giving some sort of stupid-ass prize to the astute reader who logs the 100,000th hit. Of course, I still owe Cowtown Pattie her prize from capturing my 50,000th hit. [No, I haven’t forgotten: I’m just the Master of Procraster.]

And it’s as good a time as any to say “Thank You!” to all of my Esteemed Readers who link me, who take the time to leave comments, or who simply take precious minutes out of their lives to read the Stupid Shit I post here. I’m not exactly sure what I’m thanking you for, mind you. Is it validation? The idea that I am capable of making you grimace or laugh? Who knows? Who gives a rat’s ass? But I’m glad you’re here, regardless.

Enough Meta-Blogging, I say. Coffee break’s over. Back on your heads!

No comments: