Monday, March 21, 2005

SWEET, SWEET VICTORY

Holy Crap!

After several months of “always a bridesmaid, never a bride,” Blog d’Elisson has finally won something in the Zero Boss’s Blogging for Books contest.

[CLICK HERE TO READ THE WINNING ENTRY]

Several months ago, when I first discovered Blogging for Books (thanks to Mir), it never occurred to me that I could or would take the time to write enough Bloggy Stuff to even consider entering. But somehow, I sucked it up, screwed my courage to the sticking post, [insert your favorite cliché here], and got on with it.

Probably the most fascinating aspect of B4B is seeing the diverse ways the entrants will use to attack the topic and/or style of that month’s contest. Me, I’ve had fun with my Sherlock Holmes and (most recently) Damon Runyon pastiches, and the only reason I haven’t jumped off into dactylic hexameter is that it’s already been done - successfully.

Congrats to my fellow winners - Jim of Patriside and Green Tuna of Tuna News. Green Tuna is new to me, but her Pentatunatuch cracked me up (and since I was reading the Pentateuch on my flight last night, I can really appreciate the parody).

As for Jim, I’m not entirely convinced that he and I don’t share some DNA somewhere in our deep chromosomal heritage. He’s got a Zappa quote on his sidebar, he reads Hunter S. Thompson (requesciat in pace), and his musical tastes tend to be...strangely similar to mine. Oh, yeah, and he’s been known to blog about shit. Feces, that is, not “shit in general.” It’s a Daddy thing.

But the sweetest thing about Jay’s little contest is that my post was, in its entirety, a snarky swipe at ZB his ownself. And it’s nice that he’s enough of a mensch to have laughed at the joke and kept me in the running.

Now, all he has to do is send me my damn books.

All of ’em, bitch.

No comments: