Wednesday, March 30, 2005

BLOGGER IS BEING CRANKY AGAIN

After acting all pissy and such yesterday afternoon, Blogger was completely locked out this morning, so I had to wait until now to put up the link to this week’s CotV.

Blogger is a piece of crap. A good blogging package would include stuff like trackback (I have to use Haloscan and I have to send pings manually, a major PIA), the ability to post extended entries (you can do this in Blogger but it’s tricky), and would keep track of how many entries I’ve posted (Blogger used to do this, but they’ve turned off their stat gathering). Oh, yeah, and some reliability would be nice...

Gripe, gripe, gripe.

The thing Blogger has going for it is that it’s free. And, just as I can’t complain about the talky teenagers in the 50-cent movie (yes, we have a theatre here that offers 50-cent admission on Tuesdays), I can’t really bitch about Blogger - because I’m not paying them a thin dime.

At least they got rid of those stinking pop-up ads.

At some point, I’ll take this blog and migrate to a real domain name of my own, with a real blog design - not something that started off as a Blogger template and just...kinda...grew like Topsy. Soon. Maybe after I do our taxes.

Yeah, that’s it. That’s the ticket.

No comments: