Wednesday, March 16, 2005

EAT AN ANIMAL FOR PETA REDUX

Mmmmm...ducks.

Yesterday, in observance of International Eat an Animal for PETA Day, I enjoyed the flesh of many kinds of animals, including fish, birds, and mammals.

Tasty good.

For breakfast, Baked Salmon, AKA Kippered Salmon. Fish may not have the most advanced central nervous systems amongst the living things on this planet, but their flesh is plenty yummy, especially served up alongside some romaine lettuce and thinly sliced Vidalia onion.

For lunch, a nice, beefy chunk of Sirloin Steak. Leftovers, schmeftovers - when something tastes this good, who cares that you had it for dinner two days ago? Liberally coated with Montreal Steak Seasoning and lovingly grilled, this honkin’ hunk of meaty magnificence was delicious hot...and made an excellent cold lunch when sliced.

For dinner (supper in some circles), Take-Out Chinese Food. Or is it Take-In? I take it out of the restaurant, I take it into my car, and I then take it out of my car and into the house. Then I take it out of the sack, throw it on a plate, then put it into my mouth. Nothing fancy: Hot and Sour Soup for She Who Must Be Obeyed (and I am all too happy to obey when her command is, “Go order us up some Chinese"), Won Ton Soup for me, Moo-Shu Chicken, House Special Egg Foo Yung, and sweet Barbecued Boneless Spareribs made from...well, let’s just say it was some kind of mammal. Hell, the Egg Foo Yung alone allowed us to cover the entire Fish, Bird, and Mammal spectrum...

You get the idea. We dined well yesterday, we two, despite our not being in Houston to enjoy a fine Repast o’ Mudbugs with Laurence Simon. TFB.

Now: what’s for lunch?

No comments: