Friday, December 22, 2006

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Tonight - Friday night - marks the beginning of the end. Of Chanukah, that is. We’ll fire up all eight lights on the ol’ Chanukiah; tomorrow, we wipe it down and put it away for next year.

This evening, Elder Daughter arrives from Washington, D.C. Then, at the Butt-Crack of Dawn, tomorrow, we will pile in the SWMBO-Mobile for the day-long trek to Foat Wuth and Denton, Texas. It’s Baby-Squeezin’ Time™!

The Mistress of Sarcasm will join us out there Tuesday, which means that we will have several days to enjoy each other’s company before getting back in the car for the long drive home in the waning days of 2006.

Meanwhile, however, it’s time for the Friday Random Ten. What does Elisson’s Little White Choon-Box have in store for us today? Lessee...
  1. Conquistador - Procol Harum

    Conquistador, your stallion stands
    In need of company
    And like some angel’s haloed brow
    You reek of purity
    I see your armour-plated breast
    Has long since lost its sheen
    And in your death-mask face
    There are no signs which can be seen
    And though I hoped for something to find
    I could see no maze to unwind

    Conquistador, a vulture sits
    Upon your silver shield
    And in your rusty scabbard now
    The sand has taken seed
    And though your jewel-encrusted blade
    Has not been plundered, still
    The sea has washed across your face
    And taken of its fill
    And though I hoped for something to find
    I could see no maze to unwind

    Conquistador, there is no time
    I must pay my respect
    And though I came to jeer at you
    I leave now with regret
    And as the gloom begins to fall
    I see there is no, only all
    And though you came with sword held high
    You did not conquer, only die
    And though I hoped for something to find
    I could see no maze to unwind

  2. Waiting For The Rain - The Judybats
  3. Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes - Modest Mouse
  4. Fearless (Trance Remix) - Pink Floyd
  5. Imagine (World Trade Center) - John Lennon
  6. All The Time In The World - Russell Garcia, The Time Machine (1960)
  7. Movie Pot - Mitch Hedberg
  8. Beauty Killed The Beast - III - James Newton Howard, King Kong (2005)
  9. Piggies - The Beatles
  10. Theme From Flood - They Might Be Giants
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: