Friday, December 29, 2006

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN - HOMEWARD BOUND EDITION

This afternoon, we will begin our long journey home after nearly a week in the Bowels Heart of Texas.

She Who Must Be Obeyed, the Mistress of Sarcasm, Elder Daughter and I had a very pleasant dinner yesterday evening in Foat Wuth with Momma d’SWMBO, her husband David, and two couples - friends of very long standing.

Our hosts were Ted and Rita and Al and Rose. Sounds like a movie about a foursome, but no. Ted is an aeronautical engineer - still actively employed in a career spanning over four decades - while Al (who bears an astonishing resemblance to Bill Macy, the actor who played Bea Arthur’s husband Walter Findlay on Maude) is familiar to just about anybody who ever rented a tuxedo in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, or New Mexico.

Soon it will be time to get on the road...but not until we take a peek at this week’s Friday Random Ten. What does the iPod d’Elisson have on tap for us today? Let’s just take a look:
  1. Peaceful Inside - Moonraker
  2. One Angry Dwarf (live) - Ben Folds Five

    September ’75 I was 47 inches high
    Mom said by Christmas I would have
    A bad-ass mother G.I. Joe
    For your little minds to blow
    I still got beat up after class

    Now I’m big and important
    One angry dwarf
    Two hundred solemn faces are you
    If you really wanna see me
    Check your papers and the TV
    Look who’s telling who what to do
    Kiss my ass good-bye

    Don’t give me that bullshit
    You know who I am
    I’m your nightmare, little man
    Vic, you stole my lunch money, made me cry
    Jane, remember second grade?
    Said you couldn’t stand my face
    Rather than kiss me
    You said you’d rather die

    You’ll be sorry one day
    Yes you will, yes you will
    You shouldn’t push me around
    ’Cause I will, yes I will
    You will be sorry when I’m big
    Yes you will be sorry

  3. Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.
  4. Chopsticks (live) - Ben Folds Five
  5. Feelin’ Alright - Traffic
  6. Act I, Scene 3 “Cheers” - John Adams, Nixon in China
  7. Myst Theme - Robyn Miller
  8. (They Call Me) Dr. Professor Longhair - Professor Longhair
  9. Ram People - Moonraker
  10. I Don’t Want To Spoil The Party - The Beatles
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: