Saturday, May 20, 2006

PIE FILLING

Rahel (Elms In The Yard) and I have something in common: aside from cats, we both like Sweeney Todd.

A Stephen Sondheim Broadway musical cum operetta in the Grand Guignol style, about a barber who murders his customers and his ladyfriend who disposes of the corpses by making meat pie filling of them? What’s not to like?

Here’s Mrs. Lovett, sharing a Business Observation about a competitor whilst bemoaning the high cost of raw materials:
Mrs. Mooney has a pie shop,
Does a business, but I notice something weird -
Lately all her neighbors’ cats have disappeared.

Have to hand it to her -
Wot I calls
Enterprise,
Popping pussies into pies.
Wouldn’t do in my shop -
Just the thought of it’s enough to make you sick.
And I’m telling you, them pussy cats is quick.
Well, it occurs to me that we’ve got plenty of Raw Materials for Mrs. Mooney. For example...

Round Matata

Round, firm, and fully-packed.

Matata, rear view

Easy to catch, too. Doesn’t move all that fast.

Ol’ Blue Eyes

Tricky and elusive...but flavorsome.

Kitty: Try some today!

No comments: