Friday, May 19, 2006

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Ahhhh...Friday.

For the first time in four weeks, I’ll be home this weekend. Living out of a suitcase has its charms, but I’m here to tell you, it’s not something I love to do on weekends...unless I’m vacationing.

Where has Elisson been?

Well, three weeks ago, I was in Austin for the infamous Blown-Star Blodger Tea Party and Ice Cream Social. The next weekend, it was a visit to the Beautiful Lady with a Dirty Face - the Garden of Good and Evil its ownself, Savannah. And last weekend, it was Alexandria by Gawd Virginia. Dayum, but the boy do get around!

Blessèd respite for the next two weekends...but I’ll be On The Road again the first weekend in June, this time to Points Far North, where the siren call of the Great Corporate Salt Mine - or at least, the prospect of continuing paychecks from same - will cause me to biff a wonderful week in Cancun, instead spending the greater part of a fortnight in Saint John, New Brunswick.

Good thing I like maple syrup and Tim Hortons, eh?

With that Lengthy Preamble out of the way, let’s proceed to the Matter at Hand, namely, this week’s assortment of Randomly Selected Music from that nefarious Little White Box:
  1. God, That’s Good - Stephen Sondheim, Sweeney Todd, Original Broadway Cast
  2. Time Travel - Klaus Badelt, The Time Machine (2002)
  3. Venus In Furs - The Velvet Underground
  4. Three Easy Payments - Mitch Hedberg
  5. Uf Dem Anger - Were Du Werlt Alle Min - Christian Thielemann, Orff: Carmina Burana
  6. Shine - Django Reinhardt
  7. One Note Song - Tenacious D
  8. Anna (Go To Him) - The Beatles
  9. Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - Ben Folds Five
  10. Life’s Been Good - Joe Walsh
Guess I better start loading up on Gordon Lightfoot and Barenaked Ladies.

“Chickity China the Chinese chicken
He lost his feathers; was the victim of a flickin’...”

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: