Friday, May 05, 2006

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Friday again?

Can it be a full week since I was on my way to what has now become known as the Blown-Star Tea Party and Ice Cream Social? When you’re having fun, tempus fugit. [When you’re spending money, budget fugit.]

Here it is a week later, and I am still On The Road.

I am writing this from my hostelry in Savannah, having this morning completed a two-and-a-half-hour conference call with my taskmasters at The Great Corporate Salt Mine - long enough to make me bleed out of the ears. She Who Must Be Obeyed will come cruising in moments from now, but in the meantime, I desperately need the solace that only a carefully randomly selected Choon from the Choon-Box d’Elisson can provide...
  1. Hurricane Camille - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
  2. Norbu Plays - Philip Glass
  3. Jesusland - Ben Folds
  4. Brazil - Django Reinhardt
  5. I Might Be Wrong - Radiohead
  6. Every Little Thing - The Beatles
  7. Kate - Ben Folds Five
  8. Sexism - Bobby Slayton
  9. Silverfuck - Smashing Pumpkins
  10. Opening Title, North By Northwest - Bernard Herrmann
What? Nothing by They Might Be Giants? Yesterday, enroute to Savannah, the song “They Might Be Giants” by - you guessed it - They Might Be Giants came on, and I saw it as a favorable omen. It was.

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: