Friday, January 04, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Welcome to the first 2008 installment of Blog d’Elisson’s Friday Random Ten, in which I post a list of ten songs spewed out randomly from the little white Choon Box d’Elisson.

I am enjoying the last Friday of vacation before I resume my quotidian labors in the caverns of the Great Corporate Salt Mine. Well, not enjoying, exactly...owing to a physical complaint that reared its ugly head yesterday morning. Look to the lyrics below for a clue!

Now, what’s on the box today? Let’s take a listen:
  1. No Sleep Blues - The Incredible String Band

    Cracks rack the windows,
    Howls hold the floor;
    Rains rot the rafters,
    And do you just have to snore?
    It’s a most inclement climate,
    For the kidney of the stone,
    Is that mouse playing football, oh
    I thought they didn’t like the ’phone?

    CHORUS:
    And the dawn comes sneaking up
    When it thinks I’m not looking;
    I am starting to grieve, man,
    I used to know but now I believe, man.
    They tell me sleep is a gas,
    And if I want to lay down,
    But I’m sorry I woke you,
    I mean I’ve got the no sleep blues.

    There’s mayhem in this mansion,
    Since the cows were coming home,
    With delirium no sleepum,
    In a cloud of nylon foam.
    But release scours the outhouse,
    And a hard rain sears the sky,
    But if you let the pigs decide it,
    They will put you in the sty.

    CHORUS

    I think I’ll get a picture,
    And I think I’ll put it on a nail.
    I think I’ll get another one,
    And put it in a pail.
    But the pail got so rusty
    I called it red, red, red for fun,
    And I laughed like a leaver
    ’Til you ought to seen it run.

    CHORUS

    The size of the future declared itself no part,
    Aloof like a Sultan in the autumn of your heart,
    But the heart got so hearty,
    That it pulled for the shore,
    And the sailors fired a big salute,
    And it made my ears quite sore.

    CHORUS

    I mixed stones and water
    Just to see what it would do.
    And the water it got stoney,
    And the stones got watery too.
    So I mixed my feet with water
    Just to see what could be seen,
    And the water it got dirty,
    And the feet they got quite clean.

    CHORUS


  2. Evenstar (featuring Isabel Bayrakdarian) - Howard Shore, The Two Towers

  3. Get On Top - Red Hot Chili Peppers

    Get on Top
    Get on Top

    Hit me come get me I bite but she bit me

    Go-rilla cunt-illa
    Sammy D and Salmonella
    Come with me ’cause I’m an ass killer
    You’re ill but I'm iller

    I’ll malinger on your block and
    Give the finger to a cop and
    Pick a lock before I knock and
    Set you up to get on top

    CHORUS:
    Complications of a mastermind
    Last temptation of my kind
    Extra planetary sign
    When do we align
    All in time
    Right on

    Get up come sit up I light but she lit up

    Grass Hopper Show Stopper
    The life of a Wife Swapper
    Come with me ’cause I’m a big bopper

    You do but I wopper

    Exterminate my cause
    You want to draw some straws
    Be the one to see my flaws
    Make me bleed with painted claws

    CHORUS

    Get on Top
    Get on Top

    Hit me come get me I bite but she bit me

    Speed Baller Rhodes Scholar
    Kidney Stone And a Bottom Dollar
    Come with me ’cause I’m a Free Faller
    You hoot but I holler

    I’ll malinger on your block
    Give the finger to a cop and
    Pick a lock before I knock on
    Set you up to get on top

    Get on Top

  4. A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie

  5. Rikki Don’t Lose That Number - Steely Dan

    We hear you’re leaving, that’s OK
    I thought our little wild time had just begun
    I guess you kind of scared yourself, you turn and run
    But if you have a kidney stone

    CHORUS:
    Rikki don’t lose that number
    You don’t wanna call nobody else
    Send it off in a letter to yourself
    Rikki don’t lose that number
    It’s the only one you own
    You might use it if you feel better
    When you get home

    I have a friend in town, he’s heard your name
    We can go out driving on Slow Hand Row
    We could stay inside and play games, I don’t know
    And you could have a kidney stone

    CHORUS

    You tell yourself you’re not my kind
    But you don’t even know your mind
    And you could have a kidney stone

    CHORUS


  6. Kids - Bill Hicks

  7. Lakeus - Alamaailman Vasarat

  8. Big Swifty - Frank Zappa

  9. Club Limbo - Squirrel Nut Zippers

  10. Sparkle - Phish

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: