Friday, March 10, 2006

A MEATLOAF IN THE SUN

Actually, two meatloaves.

Two Meatloaves

Hakuna and Matata relax in the sunroom.

I got back from my week-long sojourn in Texas last night. Predictably enough, Matata wouldn’t leave me alone. Once I got in bed, she spent half an hour being insufferably friendly before finally settling down and going to sleep.

She misses us when we’re away.

I’m not so sure about Hakuna, who seems to have a memory like Dory, the Ellen deGeneres character in Finding Nemo. Namely, not much of one. Hakuna seems to have to get reacquainted with us every morning, as though she has never seen us - but by nightfall, we’re old friends again.

Interestingly, after She Who Must Be Obeyed returned Monday evening, Matata had been kind enough to let her sleep, not awakening until SWMBO had had a chance to pound the snooze button a time or two. But now that I’m back, it’s Business as Usual: marching around at the Butt-Crack of Dawn, trying to wake me up half an hour before the alarm goes off. What up wit’ dat?

Be sure to visit today’s Friday Ark at the Modulator to see more animal denizens of Bloggy-World. And remember, Carnival of the Cats #103 launches Sunday evening at Justin’s Random Thoughts.

No comments: