I look forward to Fridays. Most people say “TGIF,” but so great is my sense of anticipation that I say, “So Happy It’s Thursday.”
And this Friday is especially tasty, because She Who Must Be Obeyed, Elder Daughter, and I are in Foat Wuth, visiting with the legendary Morris William on the occasion of his fortieth - count ’em - fortieth birthday. I met Morris William a month before his tenth birthday, and now here he is, turning forty. Wha’ hoppen? Where did those 30 years go? Coulda sworn I had ’em a minute ago...
Yes, SWMBO and I arrived at the infamous DFW Airport yesterday night at about 10:00, whereupon we proceeded to wait for the arrival of Elder Daughter from Boston. Her flight finally showed up at 1:15 this morning, and we piled in the rental car for a bleary-eyed drive to Denton, punctuated by excited commentary about the local Fast Food (“Sonic!” “Hooters!” “Whataburger!”) and the occasional Toxic Fart courtesy of Elder Daughter.
So now, live from Denton, Texas, we bring you the Friday Random Ten, in which we encourage the iPod d’Elisson to spew out what our South of the Border friends might call “Canciones Surtidos.”
Here we go:
- Quite Rightly So - Procol Harum
- Scar Tissue - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Wild Journalist - Laurence Simon
- Party At Ground Zero - Fishbone
- Bumblebee - Leo Kottke
- Uf Dem Anger - Reie Swaz Hie Gat Umbe - Chume, Chum, Geselle Min! - Christian Thilemann, Orff: Carmina Burana
- No One Else - Weezer
- The Last Time I Saw Richard - Joni Mitchell
- Eight Days A Week - The Beatles
- Pearl Of The Quarter - Steely Dan