The Missus and I are getting ready for a pleasant out-of-town weekend with our friends Steve and Sue from Northern Virginia. Our traditional practice is to meet in a Neutral City in the southeastern U.S., there to make trouble and eat a few good meals. Previous stops on our Intermittent & Peripatetic Tour include Naples (Florida, not Italy), New Orleans, Charleston, and Savannah; this weekend, we add Nashville to our list.
Steve and Elisson atop Stone Mountain, 2002.
Steve and Sue: The Virginians.
Of course, all of this serves as a wordy introduction to this week’s Friday Random Ten, that Eclectic Collection of Musical Amusements barfed up by the iPod d’Elisson:
- Soon As I Get Paid - Keb’ Mo’
- Bananaphone - Raffi
- Glass Onion - The Beatles
- Motion Picture Soundtrack - Radiohead
- Lady Picture Show - Stone Temple Pilots
- Lugubrious Whing Whang - Squirrel Nut Zippers
- Reelin’ In The Years - Steely Dan
- I’ve Got A Feeling - The Beatles
- I Can’t Do It Alone - Chicago, The Musical (Original Broadway Cast)
- Tommy - The Who
Yep - the whole honkin’ thing, in a single, continuous 70.5 MB .mp3 file. Bejus!
Do you remember where you were the first time you heard it?