Saturday, September 15, 2007

FRIDAY SATURDAY RANDOM TEN

Welcome once again to Blog d’Elisson’s Friday Random Ten, the weekly feature in which I post a selection of Choons drawn at random from the legendary iPod d’Elisson.

But, you say, it’s not Friday. Right you are, Bunky. No flies on you.

After we got back from the usual lengthy Rosh Hashanah services - five hours! - we spent a completely indolent afternoon in which I was racked out in the den with not even enough energy to bother to roll over on my side. Combine that with a dead iPod battery and you have all the necessary ingredients for a delayed Random Ten post. But then again, it’s not as if you were sitting on the edge of your chair in front of your monitor, banging the Refresh key and saying to yourself, “When is Elisson gonna post his frickin’ Friday Random Ten awready?”

Well, the waiting is over at last. Let’s give a listen:
  1. Höyhensarjan maailmanmestari - Tuomari Nurmio & Alamaailman Vasarat
  2. Conquistador - Procol Harum
  3. Katkorapu - Alamaailman Vasarat

    Sounds like “Cat Crap” in Japanese, don’t it?

  4. I’ll Get You - The Beatles
  5. America - Simon and Garfunkel

    Let us be lovers; we’ll marry our fortunes together
    I’ve got some real estate here in my bag
    So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner’s pies
    And we walked off to look for America
    Cathy I said as we boarded a Greyhound in Pittsburgh
    Michigan seems like a dream to me now
    It took me four days to hitchhike from Saginaw
    I’ve gone to look for America
    Laughing on the bus
    Playing games with the faces
    She said the man in the gabardine suit was a spy
    I said be careful - his bow tie is really a camera
    Toss me a cigarette - I think there’s one in the raincoat
    We smoked the last one an hour ago
    So I looked at the scenery
    She read her magazine
    And the moon rose over an open field
    Cathy I’m lost I said though I knew she was sleeping
    I’m empty and aching and I don’t know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They’ve all come to look for America
    All come to look for America

  6. Baby’s In Black - The Beatles
  7. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ennio Morricone
  8. Yidel Mitn Fiedel - The Barry Sisters with Sam Medoff & the Yiddish Swingtet
  9. The Snake And The Moor - Dead Can Dance
  10. Angel From Montgomery - Bonnie Raitt and John Prine
It’s Friday Saturday. What are you listening to?

No comments: