Thursday, May 22, 2008

MUSIC ENVY

Talk about being eaten up with Music Envy.

Tuesday evening, while I was enmeshed in one of those infernal “Team Building” activities with my colleagues from the Great Corporate Salt Mine - racing go-karts, eating barbecue, and playing laser tag - the Police were playing up in the Woodlands, a mere forty-five minutes away.

Their opening act? Elvis Costello and the Imposters.

Just Damn.

I’ve been listening to Mr. C since he released his first album in 1977 - purely by Perverse Chance, in the same month that Other Elvis rode his Porcelain Throne to eternity. And the Police provided the soundtrack to a good-sized chunk of my life in the early 1980’s onward.

I would have loved to see that show...but alas, it was not meant to be.

Meanwhile, who was there? Our department head, who took her sixteen-year-old daughter along for some Team Building of her own.

Music Envy. Try some today!

No comments: