Friday, May 16, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Hey, kids! What day is it?

It’s Friday! And you know what that means... time once again for me to post the Friday Random Ten, that Coo-Coo Collection of Cacophony barfed out by my Little White Choon-Box.

Not a whole lot going on this week. Tomorrow afternoon, we’ll head out to west Georgia to help a certain couple celebrate two decades of Wedded Bliss. I understand that Spirituous Liquors may be involved...

...and then, Sunday evening, I’ll have the painful task of dealing with yet another Winey Dinner at the Sommelier Guild’s annual banquet. Tough job, I know, but somebody’s got to step up to the plate.

Meanwhile, let’s see what’s playing this week. Listen up:
  1. Magdalene (My Regal Zonophone) - Procol Harum

    Though I know the night has fallen
    And the sun’s sailed out to sea
    I will wait here for the band to play
    The trumpet voluntary
    And with one foot on the seashore
    And the other in the sand
    I will stand here plaiting daisies
    Whilst you play the piano-grand

    Caprice, your bugle blew away
    The cobwebs from my ears
    And for once I stood quite naked
    Unashamed, I wept the tears
    Which I tried to hide inside
    Myself from me, I mean from you
    But the shame I found too painful
    And the pain it only grew

    Magdalene, my regal zonophone


  2. Sinister Footwear, 2nd Movement - Frank Zappa

  3. Blue - Joni Mitchell

  4. Brandenburg Concerto #3 in G - 1. Allegro - Johann Sebastian Bach; Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert

  5. Octopus’s Garden - The Beatles

  6. Lemmen jumalatar - Tuomari Nurmio & Alamaailman Vasarat

  7. Myst Theme - Robyn Miller

  8. Vanha Lapsuudenystäva - Alamaailman Vasarat

  9. Sandwiches - Mitch Hedberg

  10. Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: