Wednesday, September 27, 2006

SMELLS LIKE FISH

As I was cruising the Inter-Bloggy-Web today, I discovered a Remarkable New Concept in Perfumery: The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab’s Lovecraft Collection, a series of scents inspired by “the works of H. P. Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos.”

Holy Fuck.

Since She Who Must Be Obeyed is allergic to most perfumes and fragrances - at least, when she wears ’em - I don’t spend a lot of time agonizing over what kind of Stinkum I’m going to buy for her birthday. And as a result of this, I’m a little out of touch with What All The Popular Kids Smell Like.

Why plump for Chanel Number 5 or Obsession when you can have...Cthulhu!

“If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings... It represented a monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. This thing, which seemed instinct with a fearsome and unnatural malignancy, was of a somewhat bloated corpulence...”

Mmmmm. What do dat smell like? Fish? Breakfast at the Local Bagel and Smoked Fish Emporium? Or something...more sinister?

Davy Jones

Dayum! I knew he looked familiar!

[Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora to Pete of A Perfectly Cromulent Blog for the link.]

No comments: