Thursday, January 13, 2005

SURVEY SAYS...

(I was going to keep this post at the top of the Index Page through January 17, but then I got sick to death of looking at it. Scroll down for more new stuff!)

Voting in the BoB Awards continues through Monday, January 17. I strongly encourage you to vote for your favorite blogs - mainly because the BoBs seek to focus attention on the “Best Personal Blogs You Ought To Be Reading.” No Instapundit or Daily Kos or other Godzilla-sized political blogs, just the crap us little guys churn out.

Yeah, I’m a finalist and all, but I find myself competing in a category where I don’t quite fit - Daddy Blogs. (Don’t get me wrong - I’m honored to be counted among the DadBlogs of the world. And since Bd’E defies categorization, I guess the stories I spin about Elder Daughter and the Mistress of Sarcasm qualify me in the Dad Department.) And my fellow DadBlog finalists are all super bloggers - and I say that without any of the irony Marc Antony used at Caesar’s funeral (“...and Brutus is an honorable man!”) I’ve discovered a lot of great blogs thanks to BoB. This is a long-winded way of saying that I didn’t write this post just to pimp my own blog. (Well, maybe a little.)

And some of my regular reads are in the running. The Bakerina is making her bid for Best Cooking/Recipe Blog, and Do you have that in my size? is in the Best Weight Loss/Fitness Blog category. Show ’em some love, people!

So: click on the links below to vote. When you vote, you’ll have to provide an e-mail address - the BoB folks will then send you an e-mail with a link back to a verification page. That keeps the ’bots and turdjackers out (I just made that last word up - good one, huh?).

Vote for the Best Daddy Blog

Vote in Multiple Categories

You can vote only once in a 24-hour period, but you can vote every day until the 17th, so stuff that ballot box for the blog of your choice!

No comments: