Friday, June 02, 2006

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s Friday, Esteemed Readers, and what would Friday be without the remarkably self-indulgent exercise of posting ten Random Choons, spewed out by my Little White Choon-Box?

I am packing up for an extended sojourn in the Great White North, for which I will depart at the Butt-Crack of Dawn on Sunday. My flight - the first of two - leaves Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport With The Honkin’ Big Name at 6 o’clock Ante-Meridiem. Foo.

But the good thing is, Morris William arrives this evening, for to keep his sister company whilst I am away. It ain’t Cancun, but there you are.

Enough blather. Let’s get to the Music!
  1. Minnie the Moocher - Cab Calloway
  2. Fear Of The South - Tin Hat Trio
  3. Less Than Zero - Elvis Costello
  4. Happy Hang Around - Travis
  5. Shorty Falls In Love - Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks
  6. Poor Thing - Stephen Sondheim: Sweeney Todd, Original Broadway Cast
  7. Kid A - Radiohead
  8. Reggae fi Radni - Linton Kwesi Johnson

    You nuh see how de clou’ them jus’ came sit upon me dream
    Came sit upon me dream like a dark silk screen
    A dark silk screen over de vision I had seen
    Vision I had seen, de vision I had seen
    So me say dat Walter Radni was a victim of hate
    Someone say that him gone thru heaven’s gate
    Someone dat Walter Radni shouldn’t tek up his true weight
    An’ go carry ’pon ’im back like ’im de weary man a rock
    But look how de clou’ dem jus’ came sat upon me dream
    Came sit upon me dream like a shout or a scream
    A shout or a scream or a really ugly scene
    Dat awake me from the dream an’ alert me to de scheme
    So me say dat Walter Radni was a prisoner of fate
    Someone say dat him gone thru de hero’s gate
    Someone say dat Walter Radni couldn’t tek his true weight
    So ’im tek it off ’im back an’ go pick it ’pon ’im lap
    An’ go fall in a trap, an’ Sam Burnham get it drop
    But look how me dream come jus’ get blown to smithereen
    Came blown to smithereen ina de middle of de dream
    Middle of de dream before de people dem come in
    Peeple dem come in, the people dem come in
    So me say dat Walter Radni was no shark fi de sea
    An’ all dat him did wan’ was fi set ’im people free
    Wi’ de workers an’ de peasan’s him should a corporate
    But like a fish to de hook, ’im go bite ’pon Burnham bait
    You nuh see how me dream come jus’ get blown to smithereen
    An’ blown to smithereen ina de middle of de dream
    Middle of de dream before de really crucial scene
    De really crucial scene when de people dem come in

  9. (Sometimes I Feel So) Uninspired - Traffic
  10. Accentuate the Positive - Johnny Mercer
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: