Sunday, October 16, 2005

BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD...

...in a long time.

Yeah, I’m cynical enough to have laid down a chip in Velociman’s Dead Pool - but that’s a bet I’d happily forfeit. I want The Acidic One to be around for a long, long time. Part of it is sheer selfishness - I like reading his stuff - but part of it is the knowledge that the world would be a poorer place without this King-Hell Crackerino getting in everybody’s grill.

When I saw Rob at the recent Southeast Writers’ Conference and Ice-Cream Social, both SWMBO and I were shocked at how bad he looked. Rob was rode hard and put up wet, even if I managed to snag a semi-cherubic picture of him (he did look a lot better after having that 90-minute rubdown, for sure).

It was great to meet him, there amongst the Mighty Bloggas of Jawja, but his being with a bunch of Happy Tipplers all weekend may not have been entirely in his best interest. Just Damn.

Anyway, we’re pleased to see Rob act like the mensch we know he is, and try to get his shit back in one sock. Because everybody knows:

A world without Acid...is just Base.

No comments: