Monday, January 29, 2007

VEHICULAR NOMENCLATURE

Some people like to name their cars.

Eric, for example, has an Audi convertible he calls Sylvia. It’s a perfectly appropriate name for a beautiful little machine.

I, on the other hand, have owned many motor vehicles, upon few of which I ever saw fit to bestow a moniker. Except for The Great Red Shark, a 1976 Caddy Coupe de Ville we owned briefly back in the late 1970’s (we dumped it when the Iranian oil shock of 1979 jacked up the cost of a fill-up to $30 in 1979 money), I can’t think of any names I may have applied to our cars. Beyond “You Stinking Piece of Shit,” an all-purpose handle I would trot out in times of trouble, that is.

But every car has its own unique personality, the current Elissonmobile being no exception. And anything with a personality, be it a dog, cat, monkey, or Process Server, deserves its own name.

Do you have a name for your car?

And what would you call the Elissonmobile?



I’m thinking “Clusterfuck McQueen.”

Not that it’s a bad car. I just like the way it sounds.

[For instructions on Photoshopping your own Pixar Car, go here. Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora goes to Amid of Cartoon Brew for the link.]

No comments: