Friday, October 27, 2006

FUZZY FRIDAY

Friday Ark #110 sets sail today at the Modulator. It’s an especially auspicious week for the Ark as this is the week that we read the story of Noah in synagogue...the very portion that I read 41 years ago at my own Bar Mitzvah. [It’s also appropriate because it is raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock here in Atlanta. Building an Ark sounds like a good idea right about now.]

I can still remember the sensation of my knees knocking together as I stood at the reader’s table, chanting from the Torah scroll for the very first time. “Eileh toldos Noach: Noach ish tzadik tamim hayah b’dorosav, es ha-Elokim his-halekh Noach...

“These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a righteous man, perfect in his generation; Noah walked with God.”

Yep, Noah was definitely one of the Good Guys, despite his weakness for the grape...

Meanwhile, I have a weakness for Kitties, and as if the Friday Ark were not enough, there is Carnival of the Cats, the 136th incarnation of which will be hosted at Watermark this Sunday. Save the date!

Update: Carnival of the Cats #136 is up.

No comments: