Thursday, March 13, 2008

FILMEME

Mark A. Rayner, he who operates The Skwib (home of the Carnival of Satire, the 96th edition of which is up right now), has slapped me with a Movie-Related Meme. And it’s a good ’un.

Here’s the drill:
  • Look up 15 of your favorite movies on IMDB.

  • Take a quote from each and post them for your readership to properly identify.

  • As your movie-savvy readers correctly identify the quotes’ cinematic origins in the comments, strike out the quotes and name the commenter who answered correctly.

  • If the commenter also identifies the name of the speaker (the character or the actor), he or she gets bonus points in the form of a link to his or her site.
Simple, huh?

OK, let’s see what kind of Movie Buff you are. Oh, and no fair using IMDB or other Internet-related sources. It’s more fun if you try to figure these out from memory:
  1. “When that rope starts to pull tight, you can feel the Devil bite your ass.” - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (BobG)

  2. “One cannot choose but wonder.” - The Time Machine (1960) (Mamacita)

  3. “Listen, there are dozens of girls in this town tonight that are in more danger than they’ll ever see with me.”

  4. “You use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.” - Blazing Saddles (BobG, El Capitan)

  5. “You gotta be fucking kidding.” - The Thing (1982) (BobG)

  6. “I was misinformed.” - Casablanca (Houston Steve)

  7. “I can remember everything. That’s my curse, young man. It’s the greatest curse that’s ever been inflicted on the human race: memory.” - Citizen Kane (Jerry)

  8. “You’re gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.” - Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (Tbird)

  9. “Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose he ceases to be a man.” - A Clockwork Orange (Mamacita)

  10. “Tell me, Hilda, does all this frighten you? Does it make you feel insecure?” - The Day the Earth Stood Still (K-Nine)

  11. “I had two heart attacks, an abortion, did crack... while I was pregnant. Other than that, I’m fine.” - Le Fabuleux Destin d’Amélie Poulain (The Mistress of Sarcasm)

  12. “I guess you’ve noticed something a little strange with Dad. It’s okay, though. I’m still Dad.” - Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Jerry)

  13. “You shouldn’t keep souvenirs of a killing. You shouldn’t have been that sentimental.” - Vertigo (The Mistress of Sarcasm)

  14. “There’s a lot of things about me that you don’t know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn’t understand. Things you couldn’t understand. Things you shouldn’t understand. You don’t want to get mixed up with a guy like me.” - Pee-wee’s Big Adventure (The Mistress of Sarcasm)

  15. “It’s a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.” - Waiting For Guffman (Mamacita)

Now, who to tag with this mess? Naw, I don’t do the Taggy Thing. But I’ll bet Eric and Erica would have fun with this...not to mention Ivan G. Shreve, who can probably run rings around everyone else in this Subject Area. Anyone else, please feel free to play along.

No comments: