Monday, March 17, 2008

A FAREWELL TO THUNDER

Zonker, he of the mullet and Fake Arm Tats, has formally announced that he is shutting down his Bloggy Activities.

Given his frequency of posting these past few months, many of us will not notice much difference.

Which is too bad, really. Thunderman is a helluva writer, with a sly sense of humor and the ability to surprise. I will miss his blogposts, although I have had plenty of time in which to get used to the absence of Zonker-Material.

On a more personal note, Zonker is one of the nicest, most thoughtful, and considerate guys I know. A real mensch in every respect...and a dab hand at Partying Hearty, to boot. And that, I suppose, is one of the unsung benefits of This Thing We Do - that through writing Web-Logs, I have met - in Meatworld - and, as Z-man puts it in his valedictory post, “I’ve become friends with good people whom, under different circumstances, I’d likely otherwise have never met.”

Real life obtrudes, but we will just have to deal with it. All the best, buddy.

[Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora to ol’ Beerbrains, who conveyed the Sad News in this post...a post that captures the Essence of the Thunderman whilst incorporating a subtle Penile Reference in its title.]

No comments: