Friday, November 09, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Welcome once again to Blog d’Elisson’s Friday Random Ten, the weekly feature in which I post a list of ten Musical Moments disgorged at random from the iPod d’Elisson.

Last night, ol’ Uncle Elisson had a Fun Time getting back home after this week’s brief outing to Sweat City. I left the offices of the Great Corporate Salt Mine at five o’clock, which was cutting it a bit close for a nominal 7:12 pm departure. Sure enough, the roads were choked with the usual press of commuters attempting to flee northwards. But after arriving at the airport, I discovered that my flight had been delayed to 8:24 pm. [It turned out that the plane we were to have taken was diverted to Memphis due to a medical emergency, so another aircraft had been drafted to take its place.] Now, with plenty of time, I grabbed a chicken leg at Popeye’s for a quick dinner, then strolled off to my gate: C-17, the extreme northernmost gate of the C terminal.

Once at the gate, I could not help but notice that it was completely deserted. And, sure enough, that is because yet another aircraft had been substituted, this one located at E-22...all the way on the opposite end of the airport...and with an 8:15 departure posted. It was a long, long walk, with not a lot of time to spare...until I got to E-22 and found that they had not even begun deplaning the passengers from the previous flight. Shit!

I got home at 12:45 am. Yawn.

This morning, She Who Must Be Obeyed and I will pile into the car with our friends Gary and JoAnn and head north, up into the hills of western North Carolina, there to soak up the sun-dappled fall scenery. It promises to be a beautiful weekend.

But meanwhile, why don’t we see what’s on the box?
  1. E Luxo So - Stan Getz & Charlie Byrd

    From the legendary Jazz Samba album, dating from the Bossa Nova invasion of 1962.

  2. Rat Tomago - Frank Zappa

  3. All Things Reconsidered - Phish

  4. Power Failure - Leo Kottke

  5. Your Racist Friend - They Might Be Giants

  6. Act 3: I Am No One - John Adams, Nixon in China

  7. Barnyard - Brian Wilson

  8. The Black Page (New Age Version) - Frank Zappa

  9. For A Thousand Mothers - Jethro Tull

  10. I Scare Myself - Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: