Friday, November 02, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Welcome once again to Blog d’Elisson’s Friday Random Ten, the weekly feature in which I post a random assortment of Choons straight outta the Little White Choon-Box d’Elisson.

Let’s see what Old Uncle Elisson is listening to today...
  1. A Different City - Modest Mouse

  2. Anthem - Part 2 (Powaqqatsi) - Philip Glass

    Most people remember this as the theme music from the movie The Truman Show.

  3. Romance - Bobby Slayton

  4. Matchbox - The Beatles

  5. Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles

  6. Back To The Family - Jethro Tull

    My telephone wakes me in the morning -
    Have to get up to answer the call.
    So I think I’ll go back to the family
    Where no one can ring me at all.
    Living this life has its problems
    So I think that I’ll give it a break.
    Oh, I’m going back to the family
    ’Cos I’ve had about all I can take.

    Master’s in the counting house
    Counting all his money.
    Sister’s sitting by the mirror -
    She thinks her hair looks funny.
    And here am I thinking to myself
    Just wond’ring what things to do.

    I think I enjoyed all my problems
    Where I did not get nothing for free.
    Oh, I’m going back to the family -
    Doing nothing is bothering me.
    I’ll get a train back to the city
    That soft life is getting me down.
    There’s more fun away from the family
    Get some action when I pull into town.

    Everything I do is wrong,
    What the hell was I thinking?
    Phone keeps ringing all day long
    I got no time for thinking.
    And every day has the same old way
    Of giving me too much to do.


  7. Skotshne - The Klezmer Conservatory Band

  8. Beljigiye - Maritu Legesse

    From the album Yebati Nigist, which, for all I know, is how you say “Buttloads of Hummus” in Amharic.

  9. Kid Charlemagne - Steely Dan

    Gotta love a band that’s named after a Famous Dildo.

  10. Wild Night - Van Morrison
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: