Saturday, July 14, 2007

NOT DEAD: JUST BUSY

Indian Lake
Is a scene you should make
With your little one
Keep it in mind
If you’re lookin’ to find
A place in the summer sun


- The Cowsills, “Indian Lake”

I know it looks like I’ve dropped off the face of the earth yet again, but in reality, I have been holed up at the Indian Lakes resort in Bloomingdale, Illinois, just outside of Chicago, at a convention.

“What sort of convention?” you may ask. And I will answer: it is the biennial convention of the International Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs, of which I am a minor official. (And no, it’s not that kind of Men’s Clubs, ya poivoit. Getcher filthy mind out of the gutter.)

Leave it to the FJMC to plan this thing for the week after the Ogfest. Crap.

I’ll bore you with a full report after I return home tomorrow. Most of our activities here will be of primary interest to those of my Esteemed Readers who are Jewish - suffice it to say that it has been a busy four days.

But what I will tell you is that among my many adventures was a chance to sing in a choir directed by this guy. Hoo-hah!

No comments: