Friday, July 27, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

I tried something different with last week’s Friday Random Ten, posting ten sets of excerpted lyrics instead of the usual list of artists and song titles. Shoe, Maeve, and Mark (the Groanin’ Jock hizzownself), at least, were willing to play along, posting their guesses in the comments...but the rest of my Esteemed Readers? Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nevertheless, just in case you’re burning with curiosity (hah!) about the songs and performers, here’s last week’s list:
  1. Brand New Day - Van Morrison
  2. Longer Boats (live) - Cat Stevens
  3. Let It Be - The Beatles
  4. Thank You Girl - The Beatles
  5. Zig Zag Wanderer - Captain Beefheart
  6. Evening Blue - Traffic
  7. Andy - Frank Zappa
  8. Ghost Town - The Specials
  9. Mound - Phish
  10. Florentine Pogen (live) - Frank Zappa
Now, on to this week’s Random Ten.

Presented for your consideration, these Miscellaneous Bits of Musicality from the iPod d’Elisson:
  1. Falling Elevators - MC 900 Foot Jesus

    It’s 3 am...
    I turn on the radio
    It coughs up a noise
    That reminds me of the soundtrack to a bad dream

    The rain is hitting my windshield so hard
    I can barely hear the tinny garbled voices

    The cars outside rush by like falling elevators
    My headlights catch fleeting images of ghostly faces
    Pressed up against the glass in silent desperation

    I’m lost in the middle of nowhere
    But I keep my eyes on the road
    And I don’t look back

  2. These Walls - Moonraker
  3. Sunset Road - Béla Fleck & the Flecktones
  4. I Believe My Own Eyes - Tommy, Original Broadway Cast
  5. Beauty Killed the Beast - James Newton Howard, King Kong (2005)
  6. Trapped In The Future - Russell Garcia, The Time Machine (1960)
  7. She Blinded Me With Science (Extended Intro) - Thomas Dolby
  8. Ragas in Minor Scale - Ravi Shankar and Philip Glass
  9. Wished For You - Squirrel Nut Zippers
  10. Rat Tomago - Frank Zappa
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: