Friday, March 02, 2007

THE VIEW OVER RUSSIA

Kazbek
Kazbek Peak, Caucasus Mountains.

I’m the kind of airline passenger who likes to sit next to the window, despite the fact that aisle seats are somewhat more comfortable. But the window seat affords me a view, a view that still fascinates me after over fifty years of flying. I’ll even snap a picture now and again, when the mood seizes me.

There’s a Russian commercial airline pilot who must feel the same way. Go visit Dark Roasted Blend and check out some of his photographs. Or go directly to this site to see the original image galleries (reading knowledge of Russian is helpful!) Absolutely awe-inspiring. Enough to make me put my lousy camera away.

Tip o’ th’ Elisson fedora to Brandon over at the javajive, who pointed me to these wonderful images. Of course, Brandon’s no slouch either. Be sure to check out his site as well.

No comments: