Friday, March 16, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Friday yet again. (Huzzah!)

I’ve just returned from my hour-long Radio Hosting gig at Radio Sandy Springs, where I have filled in for my pharmacist buddy Richard these past two weeks. Even got a phone call from Eric during the show.

Eric, in his call, mentioned the lack of Rattlesnake-Based Foodstuffs at the Claxton Rattlesnake Roundup: a disappointment to most of us who made the journey. But I didn’t weep overmuch. I’ve eaten snake. It tastes remarkably like chicken...assuming your chicken spends its lifetime slithering on its belly.

He also brought up the fact that foot-long Corn Dogs were available, even if rattlesnake tacos were not. A foot-long hot dog is not especially noteworthy, but a foot-long Corn Dog is. You need Mad Sword-Swallowing Skillz to eat one of those, considering that a Corn Dog always comes impaled lengthwise on a stick.

I’m trying to imagine Miss Rattlesnake Roundup 2007 eating one of those...heh.

Anyway, it’s time for my weekly ritual of checking out the Random Musical Spewage of the Little White Choon Box. Whadda we got today, Johnny?
  1. Freddy Freeloader - Miles Davis
  2. 5 Years - Björk
  3. Wishful Sinful - The Doors
  4. Catholic Girls - Frank Zappa
  5. Kouman Sa T’a Ye - Boukman Eksperyans
  6. Alone Down There - Modest Mouse
  7. All You Need Is Love - The Beatles
  8. Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
  9. Space Control - Bernard Herrmann, The Day The Earth Stood Still
  10. Another Generation - Fishbone
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: