Monday, March 05, 2007

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON...

...I’ll get an off-the-wall comment that has nothing to do with the Matter At Hand.

Such was the case with my last post (The Next Generation of TiVo). An Esteemed Reader - for so I presume him to be - left a 630-word screed on the topic of Tax Cuts, which topic has absolutely no connection with the post to which it was attached...or, for that matter, pretty much any post at this site.

For the sake of good order, it is appropriate at this point to state the policy of Blog d’Elisson with respect to comments:
  • Spam comments and trackbacks will be deleted immediately. If I find out who you are, I will arrange to have you, your family, and your household pets terminated with extreme prejudice.
  • It’s OK to pimp a post at your site (or elsewhere) by including a link, but your comment (and link) had better have something to do with the topic of my post.
  • Insulting me or my other commenters and/or readers will be tolerated only to the extent that it is done tongue-in-cheek.
  • When discussing political and/or religious matters, keep a civil tongue in your head and stick to facts. Opinions are like assholes: everybody has one, and everybody else’s stinks.
  • Israel-bashing will not be tolerated here. If you must do it (asshole), go somewhere else to do it.
  • I am the owner of this blog and its content, except for certain copyrighted materials used for limited purposes of satire or illustration. When you leave a comment, it becomes the property of this site for me to do with as I please. If you are a troll or a jerk (in my opinion - see above comment regarding opinions), I reserve the right to edit your comments in order to make you look ridiculous. Even if I like you, I still may edit your comments in an attempt at teh funny. Chipmunks, anyone?
  • If your comment has nothing to do with my post - whether it is an extended screed or an abbreviated rant - I reserve the right to delete it or edit it at will. This blog is not your fucking soapbox, nor is it your advertising platform. It is, however, my playpen. My playpen.
Thank you. That is all.

No comments: