Thursday, March 08, 2007

RADIO DAZE REDUX

My friend Richard, the host of Friday morning’s Health Hour on Radio Sandy Springs, is on his way to Italy for a ten-day vacation. And Yours Truly will be taking over his radio show in his absence.

Silly, silly man.

Does he not know the damage I can do? Instead of an hour of vague and confusing explanations of Medicare Part D, Richard’s listeners - all thirteen of ’em - will instead be treated to an hour of my Random Bullshit. Nostalgic stories of my childhood. Diseases pulled at random from the Merck Manual. Hell, I may even talk about how to handle a snakebite victim. It is the Health Hour, after all.

And a few 100-Word Stories sprinkled in, just for Shits ’n’ Grins.

Radio Sandy Springs is a low-powered AM station, 1620 on your dial. You can pick it up on your car radio...provided you’re parked in front of the station or within a couple hundred feet of it. But the station also streams its content over the Inter-Webby-Net, so you, too, can listen - and even download the show afterwards, if you have a penchant for Mental Self-Abuse. The show is live, but I prefer to think of it as a sort of Souped-Up Podcast.

The show airs Friday morning, from 9:00 to 10:00 Eastern (US) time....GMT minus five hours. Just go to www.radiosandysprings.com if you want to hear it from the comfort of your own Computer Room or cubicle. You can even call in, and I’ll do my best to answer your questions, medical or otherwise. Heh.

Whether Richard still has a job or not when he returns from his vacation remains to be seen...after I’m done laying waste to the place.

No comments: