We will have a full schedule and a limited time in which to pack in numerous Family Events, but if any of my Esteemed Readers feel like being adventurous, I can probably be tracked down to my temporary lodgings at the Lincolnshire Marriott, where I will be pleased to share a Pleasant Tipple in the late, late evening.
Meanwhile, Elisson’s Little White Choon-Box is practically champing at the bit...or is that byte?...to spew out Yet Another Randomized Assortment of Mellow Moozik. Here ’tis:
- Pink Power Ranger - Bickley
Mid-Nineties punk at its finest, from the Pogo Au Go-Go CD. One of the guys in the band was a colleague of mine from the Great Corporate Salt Mine. Talk about leading a double life: Corporate Suit by day, screaming about fucking the Pink Power Ranger by night...
- Devil In Her Heart - The Beatles
- Act II, Scene 3, Dance - Philip Glass, Akhnaten
It was January 2001 when I flew to Boston to catch a performance of Akhnaten, Philip Glass’s landmark Modern Opera, with Elder Daughter. We sat in the nosebleeds, seemingly a mile from the stage, yet we were transfixed. I was already thoroughly familiar with the music, but seeing it staged was whole new experience, a magical evening.
- Sofa No. 2 - Frank Zappa
- Dem Rebn’s Nign - The Klezmer Conservatory Band
- Gravity Rides Everything - Modest Mouse
- Nierika - Dead Can Dance
- Hi De Ho Man - Cab Calloway
- Hello In There (live) - John Prine
- The Black Page - Frank Zappa