Tuesday, November 29, 2005

TRUTH LAID BEAR LAID EGG

NZ Bear has been diligently working on upgrading and improving his Ecosystem, but this time I think he’s laid an egg.

I say this because this site is currently ranked at 189 in the Ecosystem - a mere ten spots behind This Blog Is Full Of Crap at 179.

That’s ridiculous.

If you look at my rank in the Ecotraffic list, reality asserts itself. With a current average of 208 visits per day (according to Sitemeter), Bd’E clocks in at Number 1,645, whereas TBIFOC is ranked 223 with a daily visit count of 3,060.

Now, that’s more like it.

It’s just a meaningless statistic, of course, but it would be nice if NZ could invent a ranking system that would incorporate both traffic and inbound links in a realistic manner. I mean, as long as I’m being a whiny little bitch. [I know Aaron (Aaron’s cc:) has been giving this matter some thought and has come up with some good ideas as to how to combine and weight the two factors.]

And maybe peace will break out in the Mideast.

No comments: