From Adam Lawson comes this snazzy little 100 Life Experiences Meme. Simply indicate the things you’ve done (or claim to have done) in boldface...
- Started your own blog
- Slept under the stars
- Played in a band
- Visited Hawai’i
- Watched a meteor shower
One of the most romantic moments I’ve ever spent was cuddled up with SWMBO on our deck late, late one night, watching the Leonids. At least, I think they were the Leonids. Seeing those streaks of light painting the sky was sheer magic.
- Given more than you can afford to charity
- Been to Disneyland
And Disney World.
- Climbed a mountain
- Held a praying mantis
- Sang a solo
- Bungee jumped
No fuckin’ way, José.
- Visited Paris
- Watched a lightning storm at sea
- Taught yourself an art from scratch
- Adopted a child
- Had food poisoning
- Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- Grown your own vegetables
- Seen the Mona Lisa in France
- Slept on an overnight train
In a real honest-to-Gawd Pullman car, no less.
- Had a pillow fight
- Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
- Built a snow fort
- Held a lamb
In my stomach...does that count?
- Gone skinny dipping
- Run a marathon
- Ridden in a gondola in Venice
- Seen a total eclipse
I’ve seen total eclipses of the Moon, but I’m assuming that what is meant here is a much rarer phenomenon: the total solar eclipse. I have seen an annular eclipse (even rarer, but less dramatic), but no total solar eclipse. Not yet, anyway.
- Watched a sunrise or sunset
- Hit a home run
- Been on a cruise
- Seen Niagara Falls in person
I didn’t even get the urge to urinate.
- Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
- Seen an Amish community
- Taught yourself a new language
- Had enough money to be truly satisfied
- Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
- Gone rock climbing
- Seen Michelangelo’s David
- Sung karaoke
In Indonesian, too!
- Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
- Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
- Visited Africa
- Walked on a beach by moonlight
- Been transported in an ambulance
- Had your portrait painted
- Gone deep sea fishing
- Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
- Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
I have, however, been to the top of the Tokyo Tower...which is a hair taller.
- Gone SCUBA diving or snorkeling
Snorkeling, si - SCUBA diving, no.
- Kissed in the rain
- Played in the mud
- Gone to a drive-in theater
- Been in a movie
- Visited the Great Wall of China
- Started a business
- Taken a martial arts class
- Visited Russia
- Served at a soup kitchen
- Sold Girl Scout Cookies
- Gone whale watching
- Got flowers for no reason
- Donated blood, platelets or plasma
- Gone sky diving
- Visited a Nazi concentration camp
- Bounced a check
- Flown in a helicopter
- Saved a favorite childhood toy
- Visited the Lincoln Memorial
- Eaten caviar
- Pieced a quilt
- Stood in Times Square
Not on New Year’s Eve, though. Are ya nuts?
- Toured the Everglades
- Been fired from a job
- Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
- Broken a bone
- Been on a speeding motorcycle
- Seen the Grand Canyon in person
- Published a book
What? You don’t own a copy?
- Visited the Vatican
- Bought a brand new car
- Walked in Jerusalem
- Had your picture in the newspaper
- Read the entire Bible
Even that “New Testament” thingy.
- Visited the White House
- Killed and prepared an animal for eating
- Had chickenpox
- Saved someone’s life
- Sat on a jury
- Met someone famous
- Joined a book club
- Lost a loved one
- Had a baby
I assume this to mean, in my case, “fathered a baby,” since actually having a baby is beyond my physical capabilities.
- Seen the Alamo in person
- Swam in the Great Salt Lake
- Been involved in a law suit
- Owned a cell phone
- Been stung by a bee
Not since my Snot-Nose days, keyn ayin hara.
- Read an entire book in one day
I’ve read entire books while standing up.