Thursday, September 25, 2008

EQUINOX

It’s almost as though a Cosmic Switch has been flipped. Coincident with the arrival of the Autumnal Equinox, the weather is in full-tilt boogie Fall Mode. Cool nights, crisp mornings, blue skies, the leaves just beginning to pick up hints of orange, red, and gold. Beautiful.

Fall is my favorite time of year. I know winter’s dreariness lies at the end of it, but I don’t mind.

And besides - when else can you announce the start of a golf tournament with a Shofar Blast?

Golf Shofar


With the holidays that mark the Birthday of the World fast approaching, it is appropriate to toss out some good wishes. For my Jewish friends, l’shana tovah tikateivu v’tichateimu. May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year 5769. And for my non-Jewish friends, the same wish applies (minus any religious context that is not meaningful for you, of course).

No comments: