Wednesday, March 09, 2005

IN A MEMELY MOOD

It’s about time for me to put up one of my “What I’ve Been Reading Lately” posts, but for right now, since I don’t feel like writing the usual mini-reviews, I’m going to do it Meme-Style.

The Deal:

On your own blog, post the names of the last ten books you read, and, if you remember it, the months you read the first and the last titles on the list. Start the list with the last book you finished.

Here’s my list:

1. The Taste of America - John L. Hess and Karen Hess (March 2005)
2. Who Wrote the Bible? - Richard Elliott Friedman
3. The Mysteries of Pittsburgh - Michael Chabon
4. Homeward Bound - Harry Turtledove
5. Les Halles Cookbook - Anthony Bourdain
6. My Movie Business: A Memoir - John Irving
7. State of Fear - Michael Crichton
8. Days of Infamy - Harry Turtledove
9. ’Scuse Me While I Whip This Out - Kinky Friedman
10. Shanda: The Making and Breaking of a Self-Loathing Jew - Neal Karlen (November 2004)

I’ll regale you with my High and Mighty Opinion on each of these puppies...soon. Meanwhile, it looks like blogging is interfering with my reading. I’m about 2-3 books behind my usual pace.

Now: what have you been reading? (Beside this stupid blog, that is.)

No comments: