Friday, January 07, 2005

LISTS, WE GOT LISTS

I’ve been a fan of Timothy McSweeney’s Internet Tendency for years, and one of my favorite sections of that massive literary website is the Lists. And every once in a while, I come up with one that they will actually publish...as opposed to ones that end up on the cutting room floor. (My batting average is about .500, in case you have a Useless Statistics Jones.)

Here’s one that got posted today:
“BEFORE-AND-AFTER” PUZZLES DEEMED UNSUITABLE FOR USE BY THE PRODUCERS OF WHEEL OF FORTUNE.

Nuclear Winter Wonderland

Olympic Village Idiot

Banana Nut Sack

Plumber's Crack Whore

Vanna White Supremacist

Of course, there are plenty of other lists on the McSweeney’s site to look at...some are sorta random and bizarre (which is why they work so well as humor), others are witty, and yet others are laugh-out-loud hysterical. I won’t burden you with a...list of my own favorites; check the site out and discover your own among the hundreds there. Just the titles alone are a Rich Mutha-Lode o’ Fun.

Woo-Hoo! Two McSweeney’s scores in two consecutive days! Perhaps the Earth will fall off its axis now, but meantime, I feel like celebrating. SWMBO, break out the bubbly! Get fried with your hubbly!

No comments: