Friday, January 30, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

Here it is Friday, the penultimate day of January 2009, and I am faced with a dilemma... for I now have two Choon-Boxes. There is the Little White Choon-Box, packed with 3,185 sound files with which we are all too familiar, and there is my new iPhone, which also carries a big wad of tunage.

The iPhone, alas, does not have the prodigious tune-storage of the iPod, owing mainly to my iPod being an older model that is not video-capable. The iPod doesn’t have to carry around two dozen mostly useless apps... nor does it have to act like a cell phone. It’s Just Plain Audio.

And so, until the Missus absconds with the iPod d’Elisson and converts it to her own nefarious purposes, I’ll continue to draw my Friday Random Ten from it, rather than the iPhone. More music = more Random Idiocy.

So, with all that prologue, what’s playing?
  1. Tones for Joan’s Bones - Chick Corea

  2. Chinese Invade - Philip Glass, Kundun

  3. The 12 Inches - Frank Zappa (with Tom Waits)

  4. King Without A Crown - Matisyahu

  5. Asuntovelka - Alamaailman Vasarat

  6. All You Need Is Love - The Beatles

  7. I Was Made To Love Her - The Beach Boys

  8. Der Terk in America - The Klezmer Conservatory Band

  9. Last Steam Engine Train - Leo Kottke

  10. The Sinister Minister - Béla Fleck and the Flecktones

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: