Friday, January 23, 2009

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s Friday once again, time for another steaming pile of Randomized Music from the iPod d’Elisson.

Last night involved a quick turnaround, with my having arrived home from my valedictory voyage to the Great Corporate Salt Mine just in time to unpack, repack, catch a few z’s, and head right back out... this time, for a weekend leadership seminar just outside of Baltimore.

There is no rest for the wicked... and, as my case proves, for the perverse and bizarre.

I’ll have more to say about my Houston trip when I get back from “Ballmer.” But meanwhile, we have Choons! Whadda we listening to today?
  1. Flamenco Sketches - Miles Davis

  2. Johanna (Deliver Me) - Stephen Sondheim, Sweeney Todd - Original Broadway Cast

  3. Madeline - Moonraker

  4. Kouman Sa T’a Ye - Boukman Eksperyans

  5. Bodhisattva - Steely Dan

  6. Ambassel - Maritu Legesse

  7. Yellow Submarine in Pepperland - The Beatles

  8. Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbeque - Don Preston Trio

    Don Preston, of course, being one of the charter members of the Mothers of Invention.

  9. Anything But Love - Squirrel Nut Zippers

    In 1997, I made a pilgrimage to the Squirrel Nut Zippers factory in Cambridge, Massachusetts... the one featured on the cover of the eponymous band’s CD “Hot.” It was a real candy factory, smaller and more decrepit than one would have imagined.

    I sing a song about clouds and rainbows
    I hum a tune that sings like a dove.
    Rhyme some words about anything
    Anything but love.
    I paint a picture of my prison
    With blue and grey from the skies above
    Framed and signed with the title
    Anything but love.
    He had to go but I won’t miss him
    I have got better things to do
    Like writing stories and painting pictures
    Of anything but love.
    I write a story about a couple
    Steal a plot from an old movie
    You can tell what inspired it
    Anything but love.


  10. Where’s Summer B? - Ben Folds Five

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: