Friday, January 05, 2007

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s Friday yet again, the first Friday in 2007.

After a two-week break, She Who Must Be Obeyed has returned to work. Elder Daughter and the Mistress of Sarcasm are back in their respective homes in Washington D.C. and Savannah, and I am once again in the saddle, riding the range for the Great Corporate Salt Mine.

It is quiet in the house. Too quiet. I need music!

Let’s take a look and see what my Little White Choon-Box has on tap for us today. Herewith this week’s Random Selection:
  1. Distraught - Philip Glass, Kundun
  2. Frownland - Captain Beefheart
  3. Letterbox - They Might Be Giants

    I’ll never know what you’ll find when you open up your letter box tomorrow
    ’Cause a little bird never tells me anything I want to know, she’s my best friend, she’s a sparrow
    And I’ll never never know what you never never never want to know when you know what you are, O.

    If I had a pair of eyes on the back of my head for each time
    You forgot to take out all the things you forgot to talk about when you took a bite out of my spine,
    I would have a lot of eyes on me by this time wouldn’t I? Wouldn’t that just be fine.

    Too late or soon to make noise about love and there’s no time for sorrow
    Run around in the rain with a hole in the brain till tomorrow

    I’ll never know what you’ll find when you open up your letter box tomorrow
    ’Cause a little bird never tells me anything I want to know, she’s my best friend, she’s a sparrow
    And I’ll never never know what you never never never want to know when you know what you are, O.

  4. Zvezda Rok-n-Rolla - Leningrad
  5. All The Time In The World - Russell Garcia, The Time Machine (1960)
  6. Fistful Of Steel - Rage Against The Machine
  7. Yism’Khu - The Klezmer Conservatory Band
  8. Blow Out - Radiohead & Portishead
  9. Living Waters (Anima Mundi) - Philip Glass
  10. How Many Hearts - Travis
It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: