Thursday, December 22, 2005

MR. ENTERTAINER

The Missus is having a few of her Teaching Colleagues over for dinner, by way of celebrating the beginning of the Winter Break. And guess who’s cooking?

Yes, I volunteered to prepare Dinner for Four (excluding myself). And here’s what’s on the menu this evening:
  • Hors d’Oeuvres: Mozzarella Balls with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Scallops Wrapped in Bacon, Water Crackers
  • Soup: Choice of Creamy Portobello Mushroom with Fino Sherry, or Roasted Red Pepper Tomato
  • Salad: Mixed Greens, Dried Pears, and Toasted Pine Nuts in a Shallot Blueberry Vinaigrette
  • Entrees: Flank Steak Pinwheels Stuffed with Spinach and Provolone, Roasted Salmon Filet with Potlatch Spices
  • Sides: Asparagus Spears with Fleur de Sel and White Truffle Oil, Roasted Garlic Couscous
  • Dessert: Petits Fours, Dark Roast Coffee
All of this washed down with lashings of Red Zinfandel, iced tea, and miscellaneous Adult Beverages.

SWMBO’s Dinner Party

Good taste. Damn, but we have it by the buttload. I’m not always overly philosophical about Favorite Flavors - unlike this guy - but I know what I like. And all of this stuff is just fine by me. Tasty good.

Of course, I’m not eating any of it. Not right now, anyway. But I am savoring a hearty three fingers of Macallan Cask Stength Single Malt Scotch Whisky, the better to enjoy the roaring fire I have built in the Fireplace d’Elisson.

I know what you’re thinking. “Gee, that’s a lotta work, El. What a sweet guy! What a honey! What a lucky lady that SWMBO must be! This, all of this, done for Love, and the Spirit of the Season!”

Harh.

Completely altruistic, am I? Not on your tintype. I am demanding expecting hoping for certain, ahhhh...rewards as a result of my labors this evening.

Chef Elisson

Now: time to serve the soup. Mr. Entertainer, dat’s me!

No comments: