Friday, December 19, 2008

FRIDAY RANDOM TEN

It’s Friday, time once again for this week’s Random Selection o’ Choons as pooped out - randomly, of course - by my Little White Choon Box.

That random element results in some jarring musical juxtapositions, but every so often I discover that two songs that have little in common segue nicely into one another. Like life, the Random Ten is fulla surprises.

The past couple of days have been busy here, what with all the carpet installation activity and all. Of course, anything that forces you to move everything around will have the side benefit of stimulating the Spousal Brain Cells...resulting in all kinds of repositionings and reimaginings. Which means a lot of Moving Yet More Shit Around.

But all of that Shit-Movage will need to be accomplished on a short time line, for Sunday marks the start of Chanukah. And that, in turn, means that we will have a houseful of friends over to enjoy our traditional first night activity: The Momma d’Elisson Memorial Chanukah Dinner.

The menu, as always, will consist of potato latkes and Chinese food.

But before I start schlepping books, boxes, and furniture...and reconnecting all of those pesky electronics (a job I dread), let’s go see what’s on the box:
  1. Spanish Key - Miles Davis

  2. Speed Racer - Devo

    I’m speed racer and I drive real fast
    He’s speed racer and he drives real fast
    I drive real fast I'm gonna last

    I’m a big pirate and I like to steal
    He’s a big pirate and he likes to steal
    I like to steal and I like to kill

    Go go go speed racer

    I’m a Barbie doll but I got brains
    She’s a Barbie doll but she’s got brains
    I’ve got brains and I like sex
    Lots of brains and she likes sex

    I’m your doctor and here’s the bill
    He’s your doctor and here’s the bill
    Doctor steal and here’s the bill
    He likes to steal so here's your bill
    I’m speed racer and I drive real fast
    I’m a big pirate and I like to steal
    I’m a barbie doll but I got brains
    I’m your doctor and here’s the bill
    I drive real fast I’m gonna last
    I like to drink and I like to kill
    Lots of brains and I like sex
    Like to steal here’s your bill


  3. If You Fall - Azure Ray

  4. Tales Of Brave Ulysses - Cream

  5. Maggie Mae - The Beatles

    A throwaway track, not to be confused with the similarly-titled song by Rod Stewart.

  6. Drink To Me Babe, Then - A. C. Newman

  7. The Money Song - Original Broadway Cast, Avenue Q

  8. Inner Mounting Flame - Mahavishnu Orchestra

  9. Ain’t No Woman Like the One I Got - The Four Tops

    Levi Stubbs’s recent passing marked the end of an era. “Feed me, Seymour!”

  10. Anyday - Derek and the Dominos

It’s Friday. What are you listening to?

No comments: