Thursday, July 31, 2008

WHERE NO CAT HAS GONE BEFORE


High Up Neighbor

Neighbor communes with Ceiling Cat.

Neighbor continues to surprise us, parking her Kitty Butt in places where Hakuna and (the late) Matata would never think to go.

She’s the Captain Kirk of Kitties, boldly going where no cat has gone before.

Here, she sits atop a tall bookcase in my office. At first, I didn’t notice her there as I toiled away...but after a while, I began to get the feeling that I was being...supervised. Looking up, I saw Neighbor’s familiar silhouette in an altogether unfamiliar place.

She stayed long enough for me to grab my camera. Then she jumped down gracefully, using the top of the piano as a stair-tread. Presumably, that’s how she got up there in the first place.

Maybe Neighbor is getting religion. After all, where else would you go to seek Ceiling Cat but right up there next to the ceiling?

No comments: