Monday, February 25, 2008

SUPERVISION

Last night, the Missus (freshly returned from a weekend in Savannah with the Mistress of Sarcasm and our friend JoAnn) and I (freshly returned from a weekend in the north Georgia mountains) decided to tie the feedbag on at the California Pizza Kitchen that just opened up less than a mile down the road.

After waiting about 20 minutes to secure a table, we sat down and ordered, forgoing the Bizarre Pizza Selection in favor of a couple of salads. Just after we ordered, who should we see stroll in but our Rabbi and his wife. We invited them to join us, which they happily did.

Within minutes, our meals were set down before us. I suppose I should have felt a pang of Religious Remorse, seeing that I had ordered a Cobb salad. Given that we live in Cobb County, it’s not an unreasonable menu selection...

...except that it’s not exactly kosher. In fact, far from it. That’d be a stretch, considering that this Cobb salad contained roasted beets (OK); blue cheese (no problem); chicken (uh-oh); and crumbled bacon (Danger, Will Robinson!).

But our Rabbi is a live-and-let-live kind of guy. And besides, he couldn’t give me too hard a time, seeing as how I was eating my meal under Rabbinical supervision...

No comments: