Tuesday, November 08, 2005

HOUSE OF CARDS

Aaron, the resident genius at Aaron’s cc: (formerly Aaron’s Rantblog) is accepting nominations for bloggers to be included in A Blogger Deck of Cards. To be eligible, your site must have Large Mammal or higher status in the TTLB Ecosystem.

There are a few sites that I want to nominate.

First on the list is Laurence Simon of This Blog Is Full Of Crap. A self-confessed neocon, he is a stalwart supporter of Israel, a Cat Lover (ever hear of Carnival of the Cats?), and a tireless writer (fifty billion posts in two weeks!). Even more important, he has a sense of humor. I think he’s Face Card material, myself. Let’s put him with the Spades, because if you got Crap, you need a Shovel to pick it up with.

Second would be Velociworld, the fevered-brain creation of V-Man his ownself. Velociman is a storyteller whose Mad Skillz place him beyond envy...plus, he mixes a Mean Artillery Punch. Spades, again, ’cause the spade cometh in handy for Stirring the Punch.

Third is David Bogner of Treppenwitz. David writes with humor, heart, insight, and intelligence. His perspective on Mideast politics is rational, yet hopeful. Plus, he remembers Burma-Shave signs. He’s a Diamond, for sure.

Fourth is me. Why? Because I have a Big Fucking Ego™. And besides, as Hillel said, if I am not for myself, who will be for me? Suit preference? Diamonds...and yet, and yet...see below.

I’m sure I’ll think of some more...and if you’re hard up enough to need my Stamp of Approval, just drop me a comment and I’ll be happy to nominate you.

Which card do I want to be? Why, the Joker...of course. ’Cause most conventional decks don’t have an “Asshole of Diamonds.”

No comments: